At Pure HANDKNIT, it’s important to us that our customers are able to care for their garments in an environmentally-friendly way. Our sweaters are crafted from 100% cotton, and are easy to care for by hand, rather than dry cleaning, by following these simple instructions:
what you’ll need
- Large sink or smooth, portable basin
- Mild, environmentally-friendly laundry soap
- Three thick, dry towels
what to do
- Fill your sink or basin with cool water and add your soap.
- Immerse your sweater and swirl gently.
- Drain the soapy water and rinse your sweater gently with cool, clear water.
- To remove excess water, press gently on your sweater. It is important not to bunch, wring or twist your sweater.
- Spread your sweater on a thick, dry towel. Roll the towel and sweater away from you, as you would wrapping paper, and again press gently to allow the towel to absorb more of the water.
- Unroll and carefully lay your sweater on a fresh, dry towel. Button any buttons, and place the sweater so the arms are spread straight, the collar is smoothed out, and any detailing or ribbing is arranged the way you would like it to dry. (If there is a belt, lay it flat to dry separately.) It is a good idea to flip your sweater over after 12 to 24 hours, depending on the thickness of knit. Use a fresh, dry towel for the second stage of drying.
- Your sweater will be completely dry in the next 12 to 24 hours. While it should be ready to wear or store, if any wrinkles or imperfections remain, you can use a steamer to remove them.